Edmonton Metal Detecting Club
You Might Be a Detectorist......
you'll step over a penny on the sidewalk, but will dig six inches for a dirty
you hide your detecting magazines so the kids don't mess them up.
- if your spouse says in a seductive voice, "Let's do
something you want to do for a change", and you start packing the detectors for a hunt.
- if you have a nightmare where a favorite spot becomes posted
"off limits" and you have to drive out to see that it's not posted before you can go back
you've ever cleaned your coins in the kitchen using the good bowls.
you mark your calendar to go to the fair on the day after the fair closes.
you plan your family vacations around places that are good to detect.
you'd rather your kid become an archeologist than a doctor.
your idea of a college fund is the clad coins you've dug up.
your kids have to go "beep, beep, beep" to get your attention.
- if your children were named after detectors.
- if you have a room in your house covered with maps and dedicated to research, but no living room.
- if your detector has a name other than the one the manufacturer gave it.
- if you have a heart tattoo and the name of your detector in the middle of it.
- if you're looking for a new home and the Realtor locks the
car doors, but you think the run down neighborhood with abandoned houses looks like a good option.
you cash your paycheck and ask to be paid in rolled coins.
the thought of a scratched coin makes you even a little bit sad.
you took notes when your grandfather told old treasure tales.
you volunteer at a nursing home because the leads are good.
you guard a good site like a good fishing hole.
- if you have no shoes, but you have the latest detector.
your car is ten years old, but you have the latest detector.
- if you catch your spouse using your digger in the garden and somehow feel its been violated.
your spouse buys you detecting accessories for your anniversary and it makes
you tear up.
- if your spouse hints at wanting jewelry, you grab your
detector and go to the beach rather than going to a jeweler.
The Detectorist List is found on;
Additional EMDC INFO